Face Lift procedures are one of the most frequently performed plastic surgeries in the United States with more than 121,000 being completed in 2018. This cosmetic surgery can turn back the hands of time and restore the firmness and tightness to your face you’ve been missing.
Oftentimes, Dr. Vu’s potential face lift patients ask about the permanency of their face lift results. Will they be required to have another face lift in the future, or will their results last a lifetime? While a face lift can’t stop the aging process, most Huntington Beach men and women enjoy their face lift results for 10 years or more, depending on their lifestyle choices and how well they take care of their skin. Depending on when you receive your face lift, you should at least plan to have your face lift touched up at some time down the road if you want to maintain your results.
This blog will discuss more about the face lift procedure and what you can do to get the most out of it.
The Face Lift Procedure
A face lift, which is medically known as a rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic procedure used to improve visible signs of aging on the faces of men and women in Huntington Beach. Dr. Vu can address the mid to lower areas of the face, specifically focusing on excess skin near the jowls and neck. Some of the main issues a face lift will correct are:
- Deep creases that form below the lower eyelid
- Sagging skin
- Creases from the nose to the mouth (laugh lines)
- A double chin caused by fatty deposits that settle underneath it and the jaw
- The absence of fat in certain areas of the face or neck, such as the cheeks
- Jowls that are caused by loss of skin tone in the lower face area
What Affects the Longevity of a Face Lift
Many people are unaware that the longevity of their face lift results largely depends on them. In addition to the age at which you first have your face lift, your lifestyle choices play a big part, including:
- Sun Exposure – We know that spending time in the Huntington Beach sun helps maintain a happy mood and usually means you’re living a healthy lifestyle. However, too much sun can be damaging to the skin. In order to extend your face lift results, be sure to wear sunscreen every day.
- Weight Fluctuations – If you’ve struggled with your weight for years, there’s a good chance your face lift results will be affected as well. Most people gain weight in their face, just like they do in other areas of their body. In order to maintain your face lift results for years to come, maintain a healthy weight.
- Smoking – Smoking is bad for your overall health, and it’s bad for your face lift results as well. Smoking causes your skin to become thinner and less elastic, which in turn causes you to age more quickly. Dr. Vu recommends his Huntington Beach patients be non-smokers before committing to a face lift.
- Genetics – Lastly, your genetic makeup will also play a big role in how long your face lift results will last. If your parents or grandparents aged well, then there’s a good chance you will also. Therefore, you’ll be able to enjoy your results longer than average.
Call Dr. Vu at California Aesthetic Center Today
Having thousands of plastic surgery procedures under his belt, Dr. Vu is fully equipped and experienced to provide you with the face lift results you’ve been dreaming of.
Call his office in Huntington Beach today at (714) 848-1133 to book your initial consultation and learn how a face lift can change your life.