Many Huntington Beach women who want a breast augmentation have never had any type of surgery before. Therefore, they’re curious and perhaps a little unsure of what the surgery process will entail.
Dr. Vu of Huntington Beach’s California Aesthetic Center has performed hundreds of breast augmentation surgeries during his career. Here are the steps you’ll take when working with him for your surgery – from the very first consultation to your recovery.
- Attend Your Initial Consultation for a Breast Exam and to Discuss Your Desired Results
When you come to your initial consultation with Dr. Vu, he’ll ask you a lot of questions about what you’re hoping to get out of surgery. This is so he can help guide you to the best implant type – silicone or saline – and size to help you meet your desired results.
Dr. Vu will also perform a breast exam to make sure he understands your current breast anatomy and can recommend the best incision type for your surgery. Based on the choices you two make together, Dr. Vu will share his anticipated results for your surgery with you.
- Confirm You’re Healthy for Elective Plastic Surgery
Breast augmentation is elective plastic surgery. This means Dr. Vu will need to collaborate with your primary care physician to confirm you are healthy enough for the procedure. The steps you’ll need to make before you have your breast enlargement surgery include:
- Passing a pre-op examination with your primary care physician, including routine blood work
- Quitting any tobacco products you may use
- Abstaining from taking certain medications known to increase the chances of excessive bleeding, if medically safe, including aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements
- The Big Day is Here – What to Expect on the Day You’ll Have Your Breast Augmentation
On the day of your surgery, you’ll arrive at the Huntington Beach surgical center having fasted for at least 12 hours. This is necessary in order to be put under general anesthesia, the strong medication you’ll take to put you completely asleep for your procedure.
Initially, you’ll be called into a pre-op room where a team of medical professionals will prep you for surgery. This will include changing into a medical gown and taking your vital signs.
Once it’s go-time, you’ll be wheeled back to your operating room, placed under general anesthesia, and Dr. Vu will get to work. When your surgery is complete, you’ll be placed in a recovery room, where you’ll stay until the medical team has determined it’s safe for you to go home. You’ll need to coordinate for a ride home, as patients receiving general anesthesia can’t drive themselves home.
- Recovering from Breast Augmentation Surgery
During your recovery from your surgery, you’ll need to:
- Take about 2 weeks off work or school for rest and relaxation
- Wear a compression garment or sports bra 24/7, and only remove it to shower
- Refrain from using tobacco products
- Take your post-op medications exactly as prescribed
- Refrain from heavy lifting (including small children) or exercise for 6 weeks
- Keep all your post-op appointments at California Aesthetic Center
Schedule Your Initial Appointment At Huntington Beach’s California Aesthetic Center to Get the Process Started
If you’re ready to have larger breasts, there’s no time like now to start the surgical process. Call California Aesthetic Center at (714) 848-1133 to schedule your initial appointment with Dr. Vu.