Breast revision surgery is sometimes required to address complications or poor results from a previous breast augmentation. Other times, Orange County women seek the help of Dr. Vu simply because they want to change the size of their original implants. But no matter the reason, if you need or desire breast revision, Dr. Vu can help.
Benefits of Breast Revision
Breast revision typically involves the removal of and/or the replacement of breast implants that were previously placed during a breast augmentation. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Vu has the experience and expertise to provide the results his patients truly want through breast revision.
Breast revision surgery has several cosmetic benefits for Orange County women, including:
- Improved contour and shape of the breasts
- Removal of breast implants that are no longer desired
- Increase or decrease in size of original breast implants
- Improvement of previous breast augmentation cosmetic results
- Correction of breast implant asymmetry
Additionally, Dr. Vu can correct complications that may have occurred during a previous breast augmentation, such as:
- Capsular contracture
- An implant that is ripped
- Leakage or rupture of an implant
- Displacement of an implant
- Rotation of a teardrop implant
Breast revision can benefit many women who are unhappy with their original breast augmentation. If you’d like to find out how breast revision can help you, call Dr. Vu for an initial consultation.
Is Breast Revision Right for You?
If you have had a breast augmentation in the past that has left you unhappy, or you have experienced a complication from your original surgery, you’ll likely be a good candidate for breast revision surgery. This procedure can correct cosmetic concerns or complications by replacing or removing the original breast implants.
Because you’ve already been deemed a good candidate for breast augmentation, chances are you’ll be a good candidate for breast revision as well. However, Dr. Vu will perform a screening during your initial consultation to determine your candidacy for this surgery. In general, Orange County women are good candidates for breast revision if they:
- Are unhappy with the size, shape, or appearance of their breast implants
- Are concerned about the condition of their implants
- Are healthy both physically and mentally
- Have a stable weight
- Express realistic expectations for their results
- Do not use tobacco products
To find out if breast revision is best for you and your aesthetic goals, schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Vu in Orange County. During your appointment, he will evaluate your breasts, talk to you about your desired results, and develop a treatment plan that will suit your needs.
Cost of Breast Revision
The cost of breast revision can only be determined after an initial consultation with Dr. Vu. Because every patient has different needs, every surgery will look a bit different, and therefore, the cost of surgery will vary as well.
The added benefit of having an AAAASF-accredited surgery center on-site also allows Dr. Vu to control the cost of every procedure and provide high-quality care at competitive prices. If you need to finance your procedure, Dr. Vu offers a variety of options for his patients to use. These include Alphaeon Credit, CareCredit, and American Healthcare Lending. Call his office today to discuss your payment options with a member of his friendly team.
Recovery after Breast Revision
Recovering from breast revision is similar to recovery after breast augmentation. Every Orange County patient’s recovery period will differ based on the nature of your procedure and whether or not you choose to have your implants replaced or removed entirely.
During your breast revision recovery period, you will need to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Rest after your surgery. It’s important that you make plans ahead of time to have help around the house, so you’re able to truly rest once you return home after your breast revision. If you do too much too soon, you could experience complications.
- Take your pain medication as directed by Dr. Vu. Take your medicine on a schedule, and be sure not to miss a dose. Remember, it is easier to stay on top of your pain than to try and catch up with it.
- Massage your breast implants if you chose replacement implants. Dr. Vu will show you how to properly massage your breast implants after your breast revision surgery. Be sure to do this regularly so your implants will settle into place sooner.
- Wear your supportive bra. When you wake up after your breast revision surgery, your breasts will be tightly wrapped with a surgical wrap. Do not remove this until Dr. Vu gives you the okay. Once you do, be sure to continue wearing a supportive bra for several weeks and avoid bras with underwire.
Choose Dr. Vu For Breast Revision Surgery in Orange County
If you believe you need to have breast revision surgery, call today to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Vu. You can reach a member of his friendly team in Orange County by calling (714) 848-1133.